Westaff is looking for a 2nd shift Quality Assurance Inspector for a medical manufacturing company located in Wallingford, CT.
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week 2:30pm – 11pm
Perform a variety of quality testing and inspection on medical devices.
- Perform incoming inspections of materials and purchased items.
- Perform in-process and final inspections, including packaging testing.
- Test materials to assure quality standards and specifications are met.
- Identify and document nonconforming (rejected) materials.
- Perform various material handling duties such as moving and lifting material to supply the variety of stations needed for production.
- Perform a variety of general housekeeping duties necessary to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Assist with the tracking, boxing, labeling, and record keeping related to retain samples.
- Assist with filing of quality documents (such as supplier batch records and Device History Records).
- Enter data and release materials and products in electronic ERP/MRP computer system.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible to work occasional weekends and cover different shifts as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Experience in Quality Inspection, Quality Testing, and Receipt of Materials.
- Experience working in a regulated environment (FDA GMP, ISO, etc).
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work individually as well as part of the team. English is mandatory
- Must be computer literate, proficient with working with computers, and have experience working with a variety of computer systems (MRP/ERP systems experience preferred).
Apply now for immediate consideration!
Westaff offers benefits such as medical, dental, and free online education!