Staff Level Accountant
Baton Rouge, LA
Westaff is now recruiting for a Staff Level Accountant for a long term contract assignment. Join this growing downtown company!!
Must possess strong time management and analytical skills, attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Primary job duties:
- Prepare work papers supporting divisional activities for each month.
- Prepare reconciliations of bank accounts and other general ledger accounts as required for divisional and group reporting.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, which include proper supporting documentation.
- Work collaboratively with other division accounting team members to ensure financial completeness and accuracy.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Other duties: Provide assistance to the Senior Accountant on projects as necessary.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance, preferred
- 3 years of experience in accounting or related field, public accounting experience is desired, but not required.
- Basic understanding of accounting theory
- Basic understanding of US GAAP, in addition to willingness to research and resolve accounting issues
- Experience with financial systems a plus (general ledger and/or consolidation tool
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel