Sales Engineer for a Manufacturing company in Hamden, CT through Westaff!
Full Time, Temp to Hire opening, paying approximately 55-60k per year.
** Please see Job Qualifications
The Sales Engineer is responsible for the preliminary design of manufactured systems. This includes process design for various system. This role’s activities provide a direct source for our customer base and outside sales force to refer to for technical expertise and guidance for project & system design recommendations.
- Generate quotes and cost estimates in a timely basis.
- Maintain email correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively with design firms and end users (Engineered Specifications & Preliminary Design work).
- Support customer inquiries by fielding calls while being a source of information and problem solving to customers.
- Develop design alternatives when necessary and have the ability to clearly communicate the reasons for the design alternatives.
- Problem-solve engineered solutions within a variety of constraints (budget/cost, available resources/utilities, space/footprint, time, etc.).
- Prioritize and multitask during high volume periods and maintaining customer patience
- Continuously communicate with the team to resolve customer needs and proactively manage workload.
- Propose final buy and competitive pricing to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 0-2 years of experience involving sales/design/estimating and customer support.
- Familiar with chemistry/kinetics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics
- Adept in engineering problem solving
- General familiarity with plumbing codes, assorted environmental regulations for air and water permitting and discharge
- Knowledge of ASME and AWS plastic and metal welding standards, ACGIH ventilation standards, and UL/CE electrical requirements
Knowledge and Skill required!
- Problem Solving
- Logical thinking
- Time management
- Presentation Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Team- oriented
- Strong public relations skillset
- Desire and aptitude to grow skillset and increase knowledge