Technical Support Representative (Mechanical/Chemical)
*** This is not an IT Tech Support Role!
Westaff has an opening for a client in HAMDEN, CT
Temp to perm, Full time, $50-60k/year, depending on experience.'
Provide distributed products technical support, including making timely engineered product selection for various products including but not limited to pumps, instrumentation, and valves. Requires active listening and clear communication with the customer, vendors, and other teams.
- Thorough understanding of various product technologies and product lines/offerings in order to be able to provide quick and accurate support to customers and other staff.
- Select correct products based upon customer requirements-can be generated by verbal or email communication and includes formal bid specification packages
- Ability to understand technical product and process specifications along with technical PID and layout drawings where applicable.
- Communicate with customers effectively during design and procurement to ensure it goes smoothly, ensuring customer deadlines are met.
- Utilizing Salesforce CRM software to track all technical work and communications.
Minimum Requirements for the Technical Support Representative position:
- Bachelor’s in engineering is preferred but not required. (Mechanical or Chemical preferred).
- 2-10 years in a related field
- Knowledge of general mechanical and chemical engineering principles, specifically including fluid mechanics, structural, heat transfer, chemical compatibility and piping systems.
- Familiar with computers/software including MS
- Excellent customer service capabilities
Some travel involved, 5% of the time approximately.