Westaff has an opening for a Payroll Specialist for our client in:
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Pay: $60-$70k / year, doe
An established Central Connecticut firm with over 65 years success rate as an Owner-Manager-Developer has an opportunity for an individual with extensive payroll processing experience to join our payroll department team. The department processes payroll for nearly 500 employees in several states.
A sample of the duties for this position include:
* Process weekly payroll from ADP Time and Attendance and manual time sheets
* Coordination of employee benefits with benefits staff
* Generate various ADP and excel payroll reports
* Apply company policy to payroll processing requests
* Process and reporting for wage garnishments
* Troubleshoot employee payroll issues
* Testing and verification of payroll data
* Allocation of employee time for job costing
* Importing and exporting of certain payroll data
This position offers the opportunity for rapid advancement to Departmental Supervisor
Qualifications for the Payroll Specialist:
The ideal candidate should have:
Management skills and a minimum of 5 years of solid payroll experience
Must have experience with ADP Workforce Now and strong technical skills utilizing Microsoft Office products.
Knowledge of ACA and 1095C reporting
Must have excellent Excel!
Must have experience with Multi-State payroll and processing payroll for a high volume of employees
Salary will be based on experience level. Excellent benefit package including 401(k) plan. E.O.E