Reporting to the CI Manager, the Continuous Improvement Engineer will be responsible for deploying and sustaining the lean and continuous improvement program for the company. This position will work in conjunction with plant and department leaders to identify areas of their operations where the deployment of CI methodologies will improve key performance indicators, operating results, space required, inventory levels, and manufacturing costs.
The CI Engineer will be well versed and have extensive proven experience in implementing Lean Manufacturing (TPS) and all of its principles.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
• Identify, prioritize and execute continuous improvement activities; drive standardization and consistency of approach
• Implement, lead, and follow-up on lean manufacturing activities
• Effectively leverage tools, such as lean six sigma and change management, to drive continuous improvement activities to improve operating results
• Lead operational value stream mapping to improve performance and eliminate constraints
• Develop new (and upgrade existing) manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
• Utilize strong organizational skills to appropriately plan and prioritize daily work and long term projects
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Improve manufacturing layout, processes and methods for cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
Candidate Requirements: • Degree in Mechanical engineering or related field • Minimum of 3 years’ LSS Black Belt experience leading CI and lean initiatives • Proven experience in automating downstream operations • Experience in a high volume, high SKU, repetitive manufacturing environment • Plastics experience is preferred • Great organizational planning skills with the proven ability to facilitate change