Customer Care Rep
This position reports to a Customer Care Supervisor or Manager and is responsible for building positive customer relations through receiving, investigating, processing and responding to customer inquiries.
- First line of contact for customer inquires via phone, fax, internet, and/or mail regarding orders, returns, and shipments of educational products and services.
- Partners with associates and/or School Specialty franchises to assure customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and resolves underlying root causes through research and analysis.
- Develops customer, vendor, and product knowledge expertise.
- Monitors customer orders, initiates tracers with carriers, and authorizes returns and/or credits including necessary transportation.
- Responds to customers inquires and follows through to completion accurately and within customer timeframes.
- Receives and processes phone and electronic orders.
- Diffuses difficult customer situations in a professional manner.
- Partners with sales team and solicits sales of new educational products or services where applicable.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries. Support and follow all company safety policies and procedures
Shift: 1st shift Mon-Fri 8-430p
Payrate: $14.00/hour Westaff pays every Friday!!!!!!
Work location: Nashua NH
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year proven customer service or related work experience, ideally with some experience supporting online products and services.
- High School/GED diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products and comfortable with using internet based applications.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve discrepancies.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, hear, use hands to type data, use a personal computer and telephone. This employee may occasionally have to operate business machines. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mental demands include multi-tasking, decision making, problem solving, comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, and synthesizing data.