New Product Development Summary
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE POSITION!!!!!
Electronic Assembly Technician with strong experience in high level assembly of customer cable assemblies, electromechanical assembly and battery packs. Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Technician is encouraged to provide input and feedback to engineer and/or cell lead to strive toward continuous improvement.
• Ability to read and interpret customer documentation including blueprints, BOMs and drawings.
• Understanding measurements and tolerance.
• First piece build and creation of work instructions for the manufacturing/assembly line(s) using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to define and create documentation and/or test fixture and harness boards for manufacturability.
• Experience soldering, crimping and inserting terminals.
• Routing wires on a harness board using tie wraps and lacing cord(s).
• Use of coaxial, biaxial and braided wire(s).
• Using epoxy and potting materials to encapsulate wires.
• Experience with sleeving, tubing, Expando and boots.
• Use of OHM meter, Hipot, Cirrus and point to point testing.
• Adhere to and maintain workmanship standards set forth by Aved.
• Participate in continuous improvement training, including but not limited to cross training to all departments.
• Ability to read and interpret work instructions.
Payrate: Salary equaling $14-15/hour depending on experience
Shift: 1st shift Mon-Fri 7-3:30PM
Work location: Billerica MA
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Education:HighSchool GraduateorGeneralEducationDegree(GED) Required.
Experience: 3+ yearsrelatedexperience.
Computer Skills: Basic computerskills are necessary. Knowledge/usage of Word, Excel and Outlook.
Certificates&Licenses: All assembly technicians must be trained in-house to curriculum based on IPC-620 standards and general assembler knowledge.
Light assembly work in climate controlled environment.