This role is responsible to provide support to the quality control operations during shift operations to meet deliverables. This is an integral position within the Quality team interfacing with engineering personnel and other departments.
- Verify product conformance to specifications
- Verify raw material conformance to purchase orders
- Perform di-electric testing of cable
- Perform and assist with failure analysis
- Calibrate measuring and test equipment as required
- Partner with Engineering to determine testing of job priorities
- Work with PC to ensure timely production of quality products and materials
- Maintain Quality Control documentation and records
- Address quality issues as they arise and provide prompt resolutions working with appropriate and necessary personnel
- Adhere to the core HCM goals of ISO9000 Total Quality Management and be an active participant and member of SGA Team.
- Commitment to quality/safety/efficiency
- Observe safety procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Subscribe to and practice 5S, JIT, etc.
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance, ability to work overtime as needed
Shift: 3rd shift 11pm-7am
Payrate: $16.60/hour Westaff pays every Friday!
Work location: Manchester NH
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail necessary
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time and resource constraints
- Respond to shifting priorities in a cooperative manner
- Hands-on experience using micrometers, calipers, verniers, and other measuring devices
- Reading, writing, and comprehension skills in English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with co-workers and others
- H.S. diploma or GED equivalent
- One-year manufacturing experience working in a quality lab environment desired
- Experience in a wire and cable manufacturing environment preferred
- Knowledge and/or related QC lab experience
- Computer literacy skills utilizing Microsoft Office, with ability to learn a customized system
- Must have visual acuity and ability to distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test to identify coded cables, products, and materials.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Body motor skills sufficient to move for one office location to another throughout plant to access office files, equipment, and plant machinery,
- Finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination for operation of personal computer, office and machinery equipment
- Sitting and standing for periods of time working in lab and test environment
- Lifting, carrying of files and supplies, ability to move and lift up to 50 lbs. of objects and/or materials
- Ability to speak and hear to communicate with employees, customers and/or vendors via phone or in person