Lathe Setup Associate
(would take a CNC Lathe Setup person with experience)
Summary: Perform safe and efficient installation and set up of Lathe machines. This task will ensure that Production jobs are started, run properly within the quoted cycle time, and meet established safety and quality standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the safe and efficient installation and removal of molds.
- Start up and shut down of machinery including all plant systems.
- Purge area of previous production material.
- Set-up and pull injection molds and auxiliary equipment.
- Set safety settings on injection press and mold.
- Hook up water and oil lines where necessary.
- Install proper robot positioning and programming, where applicable.
- Make all necessary electrical connections.
- Start-up and inspect first piece samples.
- Answer machine and mold alarms in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain logbooks, lathe machine checklists, production mold procedure checklists, and update set up sheets. Accurately complete and maintain all necessary paperwork.
- With knowledge of mold construction techniques and systems
- Provide proper documentation and general communications.
- Proactively contribute, evaluate and document ideas for continuous improvement. These areas can include, but are not limited to: process adjustments for improved quality and/or faster cycle times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Samples newly built or acquired molds and provide feedback to Supervisor.
- Follow start-up procedure when submitting parts to Quality Control.
- Accurately complete mold history process sheets. Save and label the last shot run for documentation purposes and for review against future customer orders.
- Work closely with the Material Control Handler in coordinating necessary material requirements.
- Perform work assignments from written, verbal and visual instructions. Maintain clear communications, maintain and cooperate with all company co-workers.
- Payrate: $16-18.00/hour
- Shift: 2nd shift 230-11pm
- Work location: Wilton NH