Our customer in Lowell MA, is a premiere folding carton printer, die cutting and gluing offering innovative packaging solutions setting us apart from other manufacturers. Our technology and knowledgeable workforce allows us to be a business partner with our clients. We are seeking an energetic Maintenance Technician who is committed to safety and excellence. The Maintenance Technician will perform various manual and mechanical duties including repairs and maintenance to sheeters, printing, die cutting and glue machinery. Duties include but not limited to: troubleshooting mechanical problems, performing maintenance, machining and fabrication of parts, and similar duties pertaining to machine maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment. Report and repair all defective equipment or unsafe conditions to the appropriate personnel. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform mechanical repairs / maintenance of a variety of paper machines, sheeter, printing press, die cutting, and gluing machine.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems as reported by operators.
- Perform repairs to hydraulic, bearings, chains, shafts, belts, pumps, and lubrication Replace broken or worn components in machines.
- Fabricate various components, machine guards, brackets, and other items for machinery. Perform preventative maintenance procedures to keep all machinery in good operating condition.
- Assist with other technician with complex repairs and maintenance operations.
- Perform other similar duties as required or requested by management.
- General plant maintenance, painting, plumbing, replace filters, replace ceiling tiles, emergency lighting and moving furniture.
- Intermittently on feet for apx. 8-12 hours daily on concrete floors.
- Occasionally lifting various parts or materials in repairing machinery up to 501bs.
- Physically able to climb and work around machinery.
- Visual acuity to written material
- Walking, squatting, crouching, turning, twisting, stretching, climbing stairs, grabbing, pulling, pushing, and repetitive movement & bending sometimes in awkward position.
Typical environment of manufacturing and production facilities. Exposure includes but not limited to continuous noise, scent of materials, bright work stations, machinery with moving parts.
Qualifications and Skills:
High School Diploma or equivalent, maintenance and some electrical experience.
Skills and knowledge:
- Basic electrical Knowledge
- Welding knowledge or certified
- Fork Lift knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, orally or in writing
- Basic computer skills for maintenance software
- Proficiency with using hand and power tools
- Ability to read and understand manuals, policies, and procedures
- Ability to work as part of a team and also independently
- Able to perform basic mathematical functions ( addition, subtractions, multiplication, division and percentages)
- Work from written work orders
- Work from verbal order
- Work with limited Supervision
Shift: 1st shift 6-230pm
Payrate: $19+/hour pay depends on experoence
Work location: Lowell MA