Westaff is currently seeking a shift sorter for a global technology company. The primary function of this position is to sort and organize their mail.
Westaff offers health insurance to all associates as well as the opportunity to enroll in FREE online lasses including blueprint reading, english language, workplace safety, etc.!
• Ensures that the mail is reviewed for proper date, postage, and good quality bar codes prior to being placed into production. Prepares outgoing mail.
• Communicates errors and recognizes bad bar codes found in the mail to operator or supervisor. Properly organizes postage and keeps mail arranged by specific jobs.
• Troubleshoots and removes mail piece jams from machine by avoiding damage to the mail and to avoid double counts on the machine.
• Completes end of run production tasks (i.e. proper disposition of extra mail, placement of bins, stocking trays and tag holders, stocking all supplies needed to run production, etc.).
• Additional duties as required.
Sorter position hours are 2nd shift: Monday-Friday 2:30PM-10:30PM
Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of mail.
Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time
Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Must have the ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift