Westaff is seeking candidates for a Manufacturing Associate for a company in Fargo, ND!
This position works in various departments, including Assembly, Finishing, Warehouse/Shipping and Receiving, Janitorial/Forklift Operation, and Paint. Specific duties depend on which area the employee is working each day.
This position has No Travel and No Management over associates. Only local candidates are being considered, there is No relocation assistance.
- 1st Shift - 6am to 4:30pm Monday to Thursday
- 2nd Shift - 4:30pm to 3am Monday to Thursday
Pay: $18.01 per hour (plus $0.90 night shift differential)
Essential Duties (according to each department/Other duties may be assigned)
- Assemble structural parts and components using hand tools and power tools, including torque tools, hoists, lifting slings and chains.
- Bolt frames together
- Position hardware, such as lockes, hinges, catches, clamps, and swivels to frams
- Rout and install electrical and hydraulic connections
- Remove or disassemble major components
- Install decals
- Tag out defective parts
- Enter basic information to database
- Assemble tires and rims for all products
- Must know exact specifications for correlating the proper tire to each product
- Mount or dismount tires
- Use a forklift to retrieve and deliver tires and rims
- Clean shop floor with powered equipment
- Collect trash from the plant
- Separate trash and load into bailers and compactors
- Move pallets from work areas
- Grind and chip weld splatter, high spots, burrs, slag, rust, pits and cracks from surface of fabricated metal structures and parts.
- Use portable grinders, chipping hammers, and wire brushes
- Position or remove parts on monorail or floor using jib cranes or hoists
Warehouse/Shipping and Receiving
- Count, measure, or weigh to verify contents of shipments against bill of lading or invoices
- Examine products for defects
- Record all shipments into database
- Unload incoming shipments and move materials to designated storage area
- Verify quantity, quality, labeling, and addressing or parts for shipment
- Ensure all proper products and equipment are included in shipping orders
- Inspect final product and repair paint with spray cans, brushes or other equipment