Sheet Metal Assembler Needed for Near Downtown Indianapolis Shop on 1st Shift
MILITARY AND VETERAN ENCOURAGED
Hours: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Little to no Overtime
- Temp-to-Hire, not a "temp" job
- Learn new skills, can train people with some manufacturing experience
- Free college classes
- Affordable insurance
Position is in training to plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal parts, equipment, and products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Lays out and marks templates for hole locations or final dimension.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines such as arbor presses, metal workers, belt sanders, band saws and other machines necessary to perform required operations.
- Trims, files, grinds, de-burrs, buffs, and smooths surfaces using various hand tools as required to ensure good fit-up of details.
- Inspects assemblies and components for conformance