Westaff has a Full Time Temp to Perm opening for an:
Office Assistant / Planning Technician for a Manufacturing company in New Britain, CT
1st shift, $12-$14/hr
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager, International
Functions of the Office Assistant/Planning Technician position:
Manage the quoting process from RFQ entry through finished quote. Manage new product introductions from order entry through production. Support and participate in other activities as required by the Sales Manager, International.
1. Enter all Requests for Quote into Epicor. Ensure all information required by engineering is present.
2. With input from sales and management, set priorities and manage the flow of quotes through the quoting process.
3. Ensure quotes are processed in a timely fashion and communicate with sales and/or customers if any delays are necessary.
4. Contact sales and/or customer with no quotes. Close out no-quotes in Epicor.
5. Follow up on new product and sample orders to ensure orders are complete and all information is present for entry of engineering specifications into Epicor.
6. When applicable, send drawings to sales and/or customer for approval.
7. Follow up with engineering on Methods Master/Sample Job creation and attend New Part Meetings.
8. Alert production planning once production BOMs are approved in Epicor.
9. With input from sales and management, set priorities and manage the flow of new products and sample orders through the production process.
10. Follow up with production regularly to determine any delays in production and communicate delays with sales and/or customers.
11. Follow all safety rules and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the Inside Sales Manager, International immediately.
12. Continuously improve processes and procedures by offering suggestions for improvements and sharing ideas.
13. Perform any other tasks or projects as assigned by the Inside Sales Manager, International.
14. Assist in new customer soliciting.
15. Periodically assist with doc audits for foreign shipments.
Requirements for the Office Assistant/Planning Technician job:
1. Strong computer, analytical and organizational skills.
2. Any office experience in Quoting, order entry, customer service in a Manufacturing environment strongly preferred
3. High attention to detail.
4. Ability to work under time constraints; good time management skills.
5. Experience with Access Databases, and/or Epicor MRP system a plus.