Vehicle Systems Test Engineer
The function of the Vehicle Systems Test Engineer is to plan, conduct and document functional, performance, interlock and diagnostic tests of sprayer systems & software in support of the development of NAFTA Crop Protection Systems.
Westaff is seeking candidates from farming, construction, or mechanical backgrounds with experience in the following areas: agricultural or construction equipment; hand tools and basic service techniques; mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems operation and troubleshooting
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Pay will be determined by experience
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Development of design validation plans (DVP) for entire vehicle including software/electronic system content
- Development of sub-system test specs for functional, performance, interlock and diagnostics of vehicle features
- Testing on vehicles in lab and field
- Documentation of testing
- Follow issues to resolution
- Proactively support quality and reliability investigations to identify failure modes, root cause analysts, suggested fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Agricultural, Electrical, or Mechanical)
- Knowledge of CAN communications, ideally J1939
- Vector CANalyzer, Somat (Edaq), PLC, and CSM experience
- Good oral and written communication
- Agricultural or construction equipment
- hand tools and basic service techniques
- mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems operation and troubleshooting
If you meet these requirements and are interested, please APPLY TODAY!!