SALARY: $14/hr. (DOE)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
SHIFTS: Daytime, evening and night shifts available (full-time and part-time)
Florence Crittenton provides comprehensive services to strengthen families and build a stronger community. We do this through residential, outpatient, community and early childhood programs. We believe all families deserve the chance to reach their potential and pride ourselves on a positive work environment exceptional quality programs.
Are you kind, motivated and willing to learn? We are seeking positive role models to work with pregnant and parenting families. No experience necessary as we offer excellent training.
Florence Crittenton Family Support Aides provide supervision to clients and their babies in a positive, nurturing manner. They assist clients with day to day tasks, help maintain order in the home and assist clinical staff as needed
- Supervision of clients and client activities, including recreation activities, and parenting support.
- Models appropriate parenting interactions including promoting attachment and supporting exploration within the child’s appropriate developmental stage.
- Actively involved in therapeutic activities (including groups) and interventions as designed by the team.
- Facilitates and carries out daily structure and routine as outlined by the Clinical Team.
- Actively involved in making team decisions and delivering these decisions directly to clients as part of the team.
- Conducts therapeutic discussions with clients refraining from using a punitive approach.
- Follows weekly curriculum as designated by the Clinical Team.
- Remains present in the program area at all times unless relieved by another qualified staff.
- Interacting with clients directly
- Completes all required documentation thoroughly and in a timely manner prior to the end of each shift.
- Report all incidents, unusual events and emergencies immediately to the supervisor on duty and in accordance with Mandatory Reporting laws and Florence Crittenton’s policies and procedures.
- Administer drug screen protocol for clients as appropriate.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and in-services and be an active participant (see training section below)
- Supervise food preparation and completion of home beautification
- Prepare meals and snacks according to the provided and approved menu.
- Maintain overall cleanliness and organization of house. Complete inventory and stock supplies as needed
- Complete bed checks every 30 minutes if client/child is not in the milieu to ensure client welfare.
- Oversee client self-administration of medications.
- Follow guidelines under code of conduct section in employee handbook.
- Monitor client breaks from the milieu area.
- Perform home beautification/housekeeping tasks, as assigned.
- Complies with regular, predictable and reliable attendance.
- Transport clients to outside activities (appointments as designated and/or recreational activities)
- Assure all incident report forms are filled out according to Florence Crittenton’s policies.
- Become familiar with emergency procedures.
- Attends mandatory monthly training, weekly brush-up trainings in weekly mandatory staff meetings, and one-to-one training/supervision as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
All employees will receive comprehensive training during orientation and on-going training. Florence Crittenton will provide mandatory monthly training, brush-ups during weekly staff meetings and one-to-one training during supervision as needed. Training topics are planned for the calendar year to include all necessary and relevant information.
Education, Experience, Attributes and Licensing Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Nurturing, kind positive personality
- Willingness to learn and practice family centered treatment
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups
- Ability to take direction and work adjunctively with therapeutic team
- Possess compassion towards clients with addiction
- Problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Work under minimal supervision
- Exercise initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Knowledge and skilled application of word processing and proficient computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Post-offer/pre-employment: Must have a satisfactory tuberculosis test, and drug test. Must have good driving record and insurability along with a valid driver’s license; satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at the Florence Crittenton.
Experience and Education
Must be at least 21 years of age. The above job responsibilities and qualifications are typically acquired through a combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, or having completed a GED, or having had prior experience working within the field of mental health, substance abuse/addiction and or parenting support. An Associate’s degree in Mental Health or pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology or a related field is preferred but not required. If recovering, applicant must have had a minimum of three years of abstinences within a recovery program. Must have current CPR/First Aide training.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Residential Counselor to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties associated with this job, the staff must be able to:
- exert up to 30 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body;
- remain in a stationary position (sit, stand, etc.) for extended periods of time;
- Position self (stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, climb, balance etc.) for extended periods of time;
- identify, recognize, react and respond to all emergencies;
- and perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands and/or fingers;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Access to training and development opportunities
- Family friendly work environment
- Satisfaction that the work you do directly impacts young families
- For regular part-time positions after qualifying period: Retirement Plan 403(b) and paid vacation, sick Leave and holiday pay
- For regular full-time positions after qualifying period: Retirement Plan 403(b); health insurance; and paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online here: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application, Resume, and Cover letter should address your availability, and reason for applying for this position.
Florence Crittenton provides equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, or disability as defined by federal and state law in our relationship with applicants for employment, employees of Florence Crittenton, and the public.