Salary and Benefits
- $15-16/hour DOE
- After qualifying period, benefits may include: payment toward single rate health insurance, retirement, vision and dental available, paid vacation/holidays and sick leave.
Experience and Education
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience in office or development-related work; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 3-4 years of experience in office or development-related work. Knowledge of events is preferred, but not required.
- Works with Development Team to coordinate events and corresponding budgets in order to meet the goals of the Development Department’s annual and strategic plan
- Assesses effectiveness of events based on net profit, positive community image, and donor engagement. Works with Donor Development Manager (DDM) to prepare reports on event efficacy for Administrative and Board review.
- Researches and examines new potential events concepts and revenue generating ideas and presents them to the Development team for consideration.
- Research and schedule Community Nights, both in Helena area and around.
- Item Solicitation
- Recruits, trains, and maintains communication with auction committee members
- Prepares and sends all solicitation letters and maintains ongoing database of solicitations
- Enters donated auction items into database and coordinates thank you letters with DDM
- Works with auction committee to package all items for event, including appearance of packages, descriptions and signage.
- Master Calendar/Timeline Management
- Arranges master calendar with meeting dates and times and deadlines for printed materials, auction lists, corporate sponsors, etc.
- Manages all event related meetings
- Budget Management
- Manages event budget, preparing invoices for approval and tracking all expenses.
- Maintains relationship with all facilities in town
- Works with facility provider on contracts, timelines, event details
- Coordinates all facility needs for event (ie rental of glasses, stages, linens, etc.)
- Works with decorations committee/person to reserve any necessary items/services
- Works with staff to determine food/beverage needs for events.
- Solicits bids for catering services
- Works with caterer on budget, types of food/beverage, timing, logistics
- Works with Development team, Marketing Director, graphic designer, and decorator to create materials that match the event.
- Works with MD to create a marketing timeline for event
- Works with the Development team to determine types of entertainment needed
- Solicits and books entertainment based on needs
- Includes: bands, DJs, auctioneers, emcee’s, performances, etc.
- Determines volunteer needs for event
- Creates job descriptions and schedule for volunteers
- Advertises for volunteers
- Manages volunteer list and schedule, communicating with volunteers leading up to the event
- If needed, finds a Volunteer Coordinator to help manage volunteers at event
- Creates and manages set up and tear down schedule and job duties for week of event set up
- Coordinates duties with Development/FC staff and volunteers
- Stays at the event facility during set up to handle any questions, manage flow of set up
- Creates and manages the overall flow of the evening, including all staff and volunteer assignments
- Coordinates and helps lead volunteer training
- Works with Development team to create evening program and content
- Liaison for guest speakers, auctioneer, and Emcee.
- Works with Development staff to create a plan for thanking all volunteers, donors, attendees, and sponsors
- Arranges a final debrief and celebration for all committee members and staff.
- Updates Guide and notes for next year.
- Completes data entry and thank you processes with other development staff.
- Manages post-auction logistics of scheduling trips, delivering auction items to purchasers.
Auction Donor Relationship Management
Maintains ongoing relationships and communication with auction donors throughout the year
Donor and In-Kind Donation Support
- Shared phone attendant for Development Office. Assist donors and transfer to appropriate Development staff as necessary
- Assists staff in research on potential and current donors.
- Manages general in-kind donation inquiries, questions, and in-take of general in-kind donations to FC.
- Secondary management of the FC donor database
- Processes daily input, prepares and mails thank you letters when needed
- Performs primary entry and maintenance of PINK auction donors and other event information.
- Performs contact management entry including for all PINK auction donors
- When needed by DDM, creates and runs queries and reports from the database for Development staff: including recognition lists, mailing lists, area reports, and efficacy reports
Education, Experience, Attributes and Licensing Requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing with individuals and in groups
- Experience in a non-profit organization with special attention to development and fundraising
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Leadership skills
- Work under minimal supervision/exercise initiative
- Problem solving skills
- Team player
- Knowledge and skilled application of word processing and advanced computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferable knowledge of InDesign and Adobe Suite
- Demonstrated track record of success in event management.
- A valid driver’s license, satisfactory background check and a health statement are required for all employees at Florence Crittenton.