Molding Machine Operator
Working from written procedures, verbal instruction, or diagrams, Machine Operators perform tasks in the production of plastic parts while tending automatic and semi-automatic machines. Machine Operators record information and maintain records for each assigned job. All work is to be performed according to quality and safety standards . Machine operators perform other related duties as directed or as required.
- visual inspection of parts
- Deburring or trimming.
- Monitor production run for reject levels.
- Monitor machine performance for malfunctions.
- Operators are expected to work within the quoted cycle time as listed on the Route Sheet.
- Install inserts and/or cores in molds.
- Follow established safety procedures.
- Maintain Equipment, tools and, Personal Protective Equipment.
- Communicate effectively
- standing and require a broad range of motion
- Good vision
- Fine motor skill dexterity and visual attention.
- Record-keeping Safety Employees are responsible for safeguarding their assigned tools and for maintaining their work area in a clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Safe use of chemicals such as printable mold release, rubbing alcohol and other solvents.
- Adhere to Hazard Communication Program, Safety Rules and Emergency Exit procedures.
- Use all Personal Protective Equipment.