Westaff is seeking a Composite Repair Operator to join our team!
- Monday through Friday
- 6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m- mandatory possible over time
Composite Repair Operator Responsibilities:
- Composite Repair Operator will oversee and coordinate plant operations and activities
- Composite Repair Operator will troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Composite Repair Operator will provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Conduct routine preventive maintenance on the plant
- Log and record readings for equipment and procedures
- Remove, fabricate, replace and install/reinstall aircraft engine part repairs from blueprints,
- Engineering disposition and repair manuals to meet customer requirements.
- Composite Repair Operator will remove skins and related components on parts such as trailing edges, top and lower leading edge skins, thrust reverses and secondary structures and exhaust cones.
- Create mold using composites, plaster, or other materials.
- Composite Repair Operator perform trimming, dimensional checks and cure accuracy, fixturing, priming, painting and part assembly.
Composite Repair Operator Qualifications:
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with plant tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Perform all other similar or related duties as directed.
- Use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and the division of numbers including decimals and fractions.
- Use of manuals, specifications and use of measuring instruments where interpretation is required involving basic skill knowledge
- Over 1 year up to and including 3 years of auto body, fiberglass, or carbon fiber repair experience.
Initiative and Ingenuity:
- Use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of set-ups, operations and processes within the limits of recognized standard methods or procedures.