Westaff is looking for a permanent Accounts Payable Supervisor for a well-known St. Louis company. Company offers a flexible work schedule, great benefits and a casual, fun atmosphere. The Accounts Payable Supervisor must ensure timely payments of vendor invoices and must maintain accurate control reports to satisfy both management and audit requirements. This person will be responsible for supervising a small team and will work heavily with Excel and JD Edwards to extract data and run queries.
- Reviews, approves, and posts accounts payable batches.
- Reviews and posts all additional vendor entry files (rent, freight, garnishment, commissions, customs, etc.) as necessary ensuring that the proper approvals exist and pertinent files tie in amount.
- Processes payments as required per preset schedule.
- Reviews disbursements files in preparation for formal approval.
- Prepares wire transfer requests for approval.
- Reviews vendor add / change report daily to ensure all vendor information is correct and approved.
- Resolves vendor invoicing and payment issues.
- Uses query tools to provide information necessary for AP analyses.
Prepares monthly / quarterly / annual / adhoc reports and analyses.
- Provides Accounting with necessary support to prepare month-end Accounts Payable accruals.
- Works with Accounting in reconciling the Accounts Payable Sub-ledgers to the General Ledger.
- Reviews necessary tax reporting (annual 1099 file).
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years accounts payable management experience
- ERP experience desired (JD Edwards preferred)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel