Westaff is interviewing immediately for a direct-hire Staff Accountant for a well-known Equipment Manufacturer in Town and Country
The Staff Accountant is responsible for various accounting and finance duties including, but not limited to: taxes, insurance, journal entries, account reconciliations, account analyses, and monthly financial closes.
- Very competitive salary based on experience
- Normal business hours - flexible start
- Overtime likely during close
- Client benefits offered from day 1 of hire
- Prepares monthly journal entries and reconciliations associated with tax, insurance and other accounts.
- Coordinates monthly reporting for sales and use tax with third party tax firm and provides support during external audits
- Maintains SharePoint site for tax exemption forms and requests updated forms on a routine basis
- Assists with preparation of tax schedules for state apportionment, R&D tax credit, quarterly taxes, GST/HST, and other tax schedules as required
- Works with various departments in preparing schedules and documentation to support income taxes, unclaimed property, and customs compliance
- Prepares schedules and forms for various areas of insurance, licenses, and registrations
- Requests certificates of insurance
- Manages assigned accounts and performs monthly reconciliations
- Assists in all other areas of tax, insurance, and compliance, as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- ERP experience desired (JD Edwards preferred)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight timelines
- High level of integrity and ethical standards
Candidates with proper qualifications interested can expect quick feedback - apply ASAP!