Westaff is looking for forklift operators to sit in Colchester, CT from 4PM until 1:30AM Monday-Friday.
- The forklift operator must obtain copy of production schedule or shipping order and transports material or equipment to and from designated areas in the facility.
- The forklift operator will be loading and unloading goods from vehicles such as trucks.
- The forklift operator will be moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- The forklift operator will be tacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions
- The forklift operator will be checking loads are secure and stacking empty pallets
Physical demands and abilities
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Shift 4PM - 1:30AM at the rate of $14HR