SUMMARY: The 2nd Shift Operator will perform a variety of duties to prepare equipment and packages to formulation specification. This position is responsible for operating production equipment, finishing products, packaging, and maintaining inventory, formulas and recording information on the formulas as well as reporting any issues with the formulas, batches and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with formulas and department standard operating procedures, be familiar with reading and understanding them; take written or verbal directions from Department Supervisor.
- Use hand tools, small air powered tools, scales, pumps, valves, filters, controls, chart recorders, forklifts and drum handling equipment.
- Set up and perform routine operations including inventory verification, loading, mixing, pumping, packaging, & maintaining formulation specifications.
- Read and understand formula, use proper equipment specified and inspect batch and raw material quality during process. Resolve and/or bring any problems to attention of the Department Supervisor.
- Assist in loading and sampling of batches as specified on formula.
- Perform all formulation requirements for testing, sampling, drawing-off, packaging and storing. Complete batch and perform final inspections with Quality Control.
- Maintain established quality and quantity standards. Follow prescribed safety precautions, established company policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials, and questionable conditions to the Department Supervisor. Maintain work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Maintain daily production and formulation records as required and return completed formulas to the Department Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as required.