A busy aerospace manufacturing company is looking for a qualified Layup Operator for BOTH 1st and 2nd shift!
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Apply adhesive to metal details and assemble in bond tool.
- Assemble composite parts by overlapping a series of fiberglass Graphite or Kevlar plies according to engineering sketches, laser positioning equipment and or work orders.
- Must be capable of understanding the bonding concept / outcome of work produced after part has been cured.
- Visually inspect for F.O.D. prior to bagging.
- Vacuum bag parts and leak test bags prior to transporting parts to next operation.
- Attention to details such as proper adhesive application, F.O.D., bridging, proper fitting of assemblies in bond tools, ensuring backing is removed from adhesive sheets and record keeping are critical to the position.
- Clean and prep bond tools as needed.
- Unbag and demold parts as needed and clean area after doing so.
- Visually check own work prior to submitting to inspection.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area according to customer requirements and keep cleaning log up to date.
- Responsible for the accurate recording of all paperwork and labor entries associated with the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Working knowledge of Aerospace specifications and standards
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Should have knowledge of Epicor software.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.