We are looking for a first shift assembler in Meriden!
Hours: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Pay Rate: $11/hr, depending on experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diversified mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly or sub-assembly of units that are moderately complex, requiring adjusting, fitting and aligning to ordinary tolerances involving repetitive motion 100 % of the time.
- Ability to read and understand process sheets
- Basic math skills
- Ability to weigh and measure chemicals accurately (Sonic line)
- Ability to use common hand tools and operate assembly machines 100% of the time
- May inspect and test complete unit.
- May need soldering skills depending on work assignment
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and skill in the use of standard mechanical and electrical instruments, functional gauges and test rigs.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, specifications and inspection instructions as required.
- Fine motor skills to assemble small sub-assemblies
- Good communication and decision making skills
- Have the ability to work under direct supervision and to follow written instruction and techniques.
- Ability to work independently, look for mistakes