Westaff is searching for a CNC Manual Lathe Machine Operator for a company located in New Britain CT!
Full time, First shift, Monday- Friday, Pay DOE
CNC Lathe Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Tends machine
- Responsible for final inspection both visual and dimensional using specialty gages as designed for product lines in production and standard measuring tools (micrometer, caliper, optical comparator, CMM)
- Responsible for stopping the machine when parts do not meet requirements
- Able to identify and fix part deviation issues
- Assemble and deburr parts
- Maintains production records
- Required to make off sets to maintain product acceptance
- Required to change tooling at prescribed intervals/counts
- Has an understanding of Quality Control principles
- Observes company processes and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains adherence to company policies, environmental and safety standards, and good housekeeping standards.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- Performs other duties as may be required.
CNC Lathe Operator Physical Requirements:
- Visual Sharpness (corrected) to operate machines (including visual inspection procedures).
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work. Substantial movements (motions) of the arms, wrists, hand
- Ability to lift objects from lower to a higher position or moving horizontally.
Westaff offers health insurance benefits to all full time employees, as well, as free online classes for all employees currently accruing hours on Westaff's payroll!!