Material Handler position- 1st shift available immediately in Farmington, CT
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Load and unload materials, parts or products onto a form pallets, skids, conveyors or trucks.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Verify all deliveries/discrepancies by inspecting materials and physically counting and comparing the amount printed on the delivery receipt. Report quality variances and file paperwork immediately.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained. Assist in physical and cycle count inventories. Ensure proper stock rotation. Requires strong inspection skills, accurate data input into a computer and attention to details.
- Ability to commit to overtime schedules as needed.
- Ensured that every order picked was fulfilled with attention to detail and within given time frames. Proficient with the warehouse inventory system.
- When staging materials for the next day's production, check production schedule the night before to stage packaging and ingredients, if needed.
- Good attendance and reporting to work on-time is required to do this job satisfactorily
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner. Report all safety hazards to management so that corrective action can be taken immediately. • This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties upon request of the employee's supervisor or other managers
- Perform all other duties as assigned