Westaff is looking for a blender technician in the Windsor area to perform duties using manufacturing skills to repair and assemble engine components.
First Shift- 6:30AM- 3:00PM
JOB SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS OF THE BLENDER TECHNICIAN:
- The blender technician will perform a variety of duties to grind, mask, blend, and polish aero and non-aero engine components to ensure compliance with specifications.
- The blender technician will perform initial tear down of incoming parts.
- The blender technician will perform blending operations for in-process and final finishing.
- The blender technician will perform assemble repaired components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BLENDER TECHNICIAN
- Work from engine manuals verbal instructions, prints, and work orders. Plan and layout work following standardized procedures to meet part specifications.
- Disassemble components removing details as required.
- Use grit blast, glass peen and shot peen to clean components for repair operations and final assembly.
- Perform in-process and final blending operations on aircraft components to meet engine manual requirements and customer specifications.
- Select proper tooling and use cranes or hoists to move large parts for operations. Use a variety of grinders, belt sanders, air riveters and drills and equipment such as Bridgeport machines, drill presses and rivet machines.
- Reassemble finished component, installing new details.
- Use transfer punch and perform light machining work to drill holes and deburr rough edges. Perform visual inspection of components.
- Use micrometers, calipers, indicators and gauges to ensure component complies with all specifications including proper dimensions.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assemble detail kits for component blending as required.
- Detect and report faulty operations and materials along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area.
- Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
Qualifications of the blender technician:
Knowledge: Use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and the division of numbers including decimals and fractions, simple use of manuals, specifications and use of adjustable measuring instruments where interpretation is required involving basic skill knowledge. Experience: Over 1 year up to and including 3 years.
Physical Demand: Moderate physical demand frequently (over 40% and up to 70%) lifting or moving average weight material (over 25 lbs. and up to 60 lbs.).