Westaff is seeking a Production Supervisor- Weld for one of our Manufacturing clients in Paynesville, MN!
We offer GREAT hourly wages, excellent benefits and a Monday- Friday working schedule with Fridays being half days!!!
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, or skills matrix to determine personnel or material requirements or material priorities.
- Use proper channels to obtain the essential tools, supplies, and equipment necessary for your department to meet production needs.
- Plan and organize daily work load, plus look ahead and plan for upcoming jobs to meet production deadlines.
- Coordinate the activities of all production employees within your department and assist employees in daily work performance as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping and enforce a safe workplace by practicing 5S and safety daily.
- Confer with our supervisors to coordinate operations and activities withing, or between departments.
- Work with Production Scheduler as required if any labor material shortages, backlogs or other interruptions occur while collaborating with management, sales, production and engineering.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring employees.
- Provide initial on-the-job employee training to include equipment and safety procedures, and then assign a mentor to carry on the training.
- Interpret specifications, work orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Make an effort to resolve employee problems, complaints or grievances to minimize the effect on production. Attempt to resolve these problems prior to elevating to management.
- Provide Human Resources with any specific notes/records on any good or concerning activities, conversations, or other issues regarding direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.