Westaff is seeking an experienced candidate for an Assembly Supervisor position in Benson, MN. Qualified Candidates are invited to apply.
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:00am to 5:00pm with OT as needed
Planning, implementation and maintenance of the manufacturing activities of specific areas. Ensure the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs.
This position is accountable for managing people, setting direction and deploying resources. Results are primarily achieved through the work of others and typically depend on the manager’s ability to influence and negotiate with internal or external partners.
- Manufacture quality products at or below budgeted production costs
- Set up equipment operation deed, speed and temperature
- Follow procedures and drive continuous improvement in the plant’s manufacturing processes, including fabrication, welding, paint, and/or assembly
- Select and measure raw materials and parts to specifications to prepare for production processing
- Resolve issues related to production, machinery, processing, and/or packaging operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience
- Makes more impactful contributions to the team or area performance, generally through achievement of goals
Knowledge and Application
- Decisions are guided by policies and procedures, receiving guidance from the manager.
- Has a working knowledge of work areas with a depth of experience in more than one area, and is on track to becoming and area or discipline expert
- Uses judgment to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical and operational problems
- Acting as a formal supervisor, reviews routine work product from team and escalates work problems for approval