The Senior Welding Engineer performs welding design & qualification and reviews customer product requirements & comments to ensure welding code & specification requirements are addressed. This specialist will have a focus on orbital welding of tube-to-tube sheet joints, development of electroslag overlay processes, and new equipment and process selection. This is a very key position within our centralized engineering group that provides technical and engineering support to our five locations throughout the Gulf Coast region.
- Responsible for ensuring that industry standards (ASME, AWS, API, etc.) and customer requirements are properly set and completed throughout the manufacturing and fabrication processes
- Determine the appropriate processes and procedures are developed, utilized, implemented and ensure they meet both internal and external quality requirements
- Interface with plant managers, quality and purchasing management, mechanical engineers, manufacturing technicians, and welders on production jobs and production enhancement projects
- Work extensively with external customers and their job inspectors to ensure products are produced or refurbished to the required quality level in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Attend pre-fabrication meetings with customers as required
- Ensure documentation completion and document status communications to internal customers using SharePoint and Document Control document management system
- Interpret and analyzing request for quotations
- Develop detailed written weld procedures, instructions, and lab testing requirements which meet code & customer requirements. Review and interpret lab testing results and reports
- Analyze and ensure the appropriate welding materials (alloys, etc.) are included in the entire processing of the job order
- Equipment and process selection and development
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge and hands on expertise in orbital GTAW welding is required; in particular, welding tube-to-tube sheet joints in vertical orientation. Preferably in a wide range of tube diameters, wall thickness, and metallurgy combinations.
- ASME B&PV Section VIII Division 1, Section II, Section IX preferred. ASME B&PV Section VIII Division 2 and AWS code experience a plus.
- Able to read, interpret, and determine appropriate welding procedures and processes based on code, industry standards, and customer specifications.
- Operational welding (set up & programming) with orbital welding equipment. Polysoude preferred.
- Strong math and engineering background; strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Good organizational / task tracking skills. Managing priorities for multiple assignments is a must.
- BS Welding Engineering or Metallurgy with in-depth knowledge of the petrochemical industry is preferred.
To Apply send resume to email@example.com