Westaff is looking for a Production Warehouse Floor Lead to sit in Farmington, CT.
The Production Warehouse Floor Lead works side by side with the Production Warehouse Floor Supervisor and coordinates, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage, distribution and return of materials (including but not limited to raw materials, labels, and packaging inventory) received from the Receiving Warehouse, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so items are located and distributed to proper production areas in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external requirements. In addition, they are responsible for shipping all finished product to the distribution center (including preparing shipping documents, packing lists, BOL’s, etc.) in a timely fashion.
Compensation- $13-$15/hr based upon skills and experience
- Manage production warehouse floor in compliance with company policies to ensure that GMP’s are being followed.
- Works closely with Plant, Production and Quality Managers to verify that inventory is 100% accurate and consistently show 100% accuracy with daily and weekly random counts as well as participates in periodic full physical inventory counts as required.
- Plans and coordinates work (based on the production schedule, manufacturing plants’ needs and other departments’ needs), trains and motivates, monitors and evaluates performance of shipping and receiving associates, ensures their ability to safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to and from storage configurations, counsels, records, and disciplines as necessary. Effectively oversees the daily routines of the production warehouse shipping and receiving workers.
- Maintain secure environment for workers and products.
- Follow emergency procedures when necessary and notify HR of any work related injuries as soon as possible.
- Maintain documentation for all production warehouse procedures
- Maintain all equipment in working order as well as documentation of inspections, deficiencies and maintenance.
- Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Monitor production schedule and activities and return excess materials (including but not limited to raw materials, labels, and packaging inventory) once a production run is completed.
- Strive for continuous improvement and participate in developing solutions to drive overall operational effectiveness including increase throughput, reduce movement/motion, waiting & transportation
- Any other duties as they are needed and assigned.