Westaff is looking for experienced welders, to work multiple shifts in Colchester! Become part of a safety and quality conscious team, in this temp to hire position!
- Duration: Temp to Hire
- Shift: 5:00 am – 3:30 pm / 3:30 pm – 2:00 am
- Pay: Based off experience
SUMMARY: Multiple welder positions on both 1st and 2nd shift. The primary responsibilities of this
position include performing GTAW and GMAW in a manner that ensures the production of our high
- Set up the work area, select and verify the material for production, and meet the daily welding
- production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
- Weld the following in different positions and on different gauges: stainless steel and black iron.
- Occasionally expected to weld other materials.
- Troubleshoot the welding equipment.
- Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the
- cleanliness of the area.
- Comply with established production philosophies designed to increase production, safety and/or
- quality; e.g., Lean Manufacturing, 5s and TWI methodologies.
- Strong GMAW, GTAW welding skills and a knowledge of how all the equipment operates.
- Can speak and understand English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental
- shop safety procedures, and production standards.
- Able to read and understand cut sheets and engineering prints thoroughly.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy and weld symbols
- Knowledge of basic sheet metal layout
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Math skills to include basic arithmetic and geometry
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"