TIG Welder Job in Indy on 1st Shift
Pay: Up to $20.00/hour to start (actual pay offer determined after weld test)
Hours: 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
TIG Welder Highlights:
- 10-15 hours of OT per week
- $100 Bonus pay for Optional Saturdays with good attendance
- No mandatory weekends
- Permanent job, not "temp"
- Affordable health insurance
- Free college classes
TIG Welder Position Overview:
The TIG Welder is responsible for welding production orders or components using MIG and/or TIG processes to meet customer and quality specifications. This involves using training or knowledge of welding techniques, knowledge of set-up requirements and meeting established production requirements on consistent basis.
TIG Welder Essential Job Functions:
- Read previously prepared setup sheets and routing package for individual parts.
- Determines what tooling is needed and where it is located.
- Follows established set-up requirements and ensures settings are correct.
- Operates machine to run production and performs quality inspections as required
- Makes necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances.
- May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to measure TIG welded components, bead size, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint.
- Watches for presence of burn through, cold starts, lack of penetration, bead size, or other indications of suspect welds.