Westaff is looking to fill a Freezer Warehouse/Order Selector position in New Britain, CT! Candidates MUST HAVE previous freezer warehouse experience operating manual pallet jacks and packaging completed warehouse orders in the freezer.
1st shift 6:30am-3pm. Monday through Friday. Block away from Downtown, New Britain Fast Track!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for accurately selecting and staging product orders for delivery or pick up.
- Responsible for staging dry, refrigerated and frozen orders for distribution to member agencies.
- Responsible for keeping accurate daily records/receipts of orders selected and product received.
- Responsible for inspecting food items at each stage to ensure viability and safety.
- Assist agencies picking up orders, helping load items when available, and completing necessary paperwork.
- Responsible for moving and replenishing inventory levels within pick locations.
- Assist in monthly and year-end inventory, and participate in cycle counts daily.
- Inspect, unload, and record incoming trucks as required.
- Assist with product deliveries and pickups.
- Label all stock in accordance with inventory control procedures.
- Maintain proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
- Ensure consistent application of “first-in, first-out” rule.
- Ensure proper stacking of all products, stock storage spaces, rearrange and restack products.
- Continuously check inventory for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe storage
MUST HAVE FREEZER WAREHOUSE EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or G.E.D., or one to three years related experience.
- Minimum of three (2) years related experience in a warehouse, retail, wholesale, or food service setting.
- Must be proficient in latest software and technology.
- The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and able to keep accurate records for tracking and reporting.
- Problem solving to identify solutions and meet and enhance organizational mission.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, metal carts, etc.
- Ability to maneuver heavy loads on a pallet jack on and off truck ramp.
- Ability to climb ladders and carry up to 70 pounds up and down.
- Ability to pack, unpack and put away various materials.
- Prolonged standing, walking and bending in addition to sitting in front of a computer.
- Ability to give regular communications in person, writing, by email and by phone.
- Ability to work in below 0°F temperatures for short periods of time.
- Working inside a warehouse environment.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Working in commercial freezer/cooler ranging from -10°F to 45°F.