CNC Mill Set Up Mechanic
Join a dynamic fast paced company that is a privately held ISO-9001 precision metal manufacturer. Their customers include medical, military, telecommunications and many other industries.
- 3+ years’ experience setting up precision CNC milling centers
- NOT LATHE/TURNING
- All applicants must take machinist test to qualify for possible employment.
- CNC mills use computer controls to cut different materials.
- They are able to translate programs consisting of specific numbers and letters to move the spindle (or workpiece) to various locations and depths. Many use G-code, which is a standardized programming language that many CNC machines understand, while others use proprietary languages created by their manufacturers. These proprietary languages, while often simpler than G-code, are not transferable to other machines.
- CNC mills have many functions including face milling, shoulder milling, tapping, drilling and some even offer turning.
- Standard linear CNC mills are limited to 3 axis (X, Y, and Z), but others may also have one or more rotational axes
Shift: 1st shift Monday-Friday 7-330pm with possible OT 2nd shift Monday-Thursday 3:30pm – 2:00am
Pay Rate $22-26.00/hour depending on experience
Work location: Methuen MA