Westaff is looking for a Quality Control leader to ensure conformity of commercial product per ISO 9001: and compliance with all customer requirements, quality management system standards and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test and/or integration to assure the quality of product and/or components.
- Performs quality reviews of documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including customer quality manuals and company quality records.
- Keep management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality control activities.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Documents data obtained during quality control activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality control activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality control activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares and presents technical information to team members.
- Directs technical workers engaged in quality control activities.
- Investigate customer complaints, perform root cause analysis, identify corrective and preventive action, and prepare reports for customer submission. Includes verbal, written and direct customer contact with regards to complaint resolution.
- Investigate internal non-conformances.
- Visit and confer with customers for issues related to product quality.
- Visit and confer with representatives of vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders and vendor quality standards.
- Confer with the applicable departments about quality control of new products to ensure product quality.
- To discontinue further processing and delivery of non-conforming products until the discrepancy or non-conforming condition has been corrected.
- To initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of product non-conformity.