Westaff has an opening for a Process Engineer in Hamden, CT
This is a Full Time, Temp to Perm position!
50-60k or DOE!
The Process Engineer is responsible for actively listening to and clearly communicating with customers and the internal team in regards to project designs, drawings, fabrication, tracking and follow up, problem resolution and project completion deadlines.
- Communicate with customers effectively during design/fabrication to ensure it goes smoothly, ensuring customer deadlines are met.
- Support the Engineering department by creating project designs and drawings to customer specifications.
- Mechanical Design (AutoCAD drawings of assemblies and skid weldments)
- Develop processes (P&ID, Functional Logics, Components selection)as a basis for mechanical and electrical designs.
- Project Management (Project review, Assemblies Release/Procurement)
- Equipment Inspection and review
- Functional Equipment/Testing
- Maintain tracking on all projects status/issues/fabrication by staying in constant communication with internal resources to ensure there are no unforeseen delays/issues.
- Resolve project issues that may arise, during or after fabrication as quickly as possible while maintain a team-oriented outlook.
- Develop system operation manuals for customers as needed.
- Escalate any issues surrounding: completed designs, major design changes, financial decisions, major and/or expensive project additions/changes.
- Achieve project completion deadlines, while communicating effectively with the team and customer.
- Research and resolve any system design flaws that are discovered.
Minimum Qualifications for the Process Engineer position are as follows:
- Bachelor’s in engineering is required. (Mechanical or Chemical strongly preferred).
- 0-3 years in a related field
- Knowledge of general mechanical and chemical engineering principles, specifically including fluid mechanics, structural, heat transfer, chemical compatibility and piping systems.
- Familiar with computers/software including MS Office package, CAD, 3D modeling, etc.