Join an amazing company with great growth potential. This companies fibers are made right in Lowell MA are known throughout the world and used in aircraft, aerospace, sporting goods. The customer makes metal fiber used for US Military aircraft wings, high end golf clubs, etc. Very exciting opportunity to go from temp to perm.
This is FIRST SHIFT Monday through Friday, 7 am to 3 pm.
- Operating filament and tape production equipment according to established procedures.
- Must have good manual dexterity to handle very thin tungsten wire, carbon mono-filament and boron fibers.
- Good communication skills to accurately maintain production logs and reports.
- To work in a safe manner according to all company policies.
- Light lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Client pays for 2 -15 minute breaks and 1 - 30 minute lunch break. Does not want employees to leave for lunch rather they stay near or in building.
- Client pays for safety shoes or sneakers. You must leave shoes at the site(can not leave building due to materials or filament and don’t want shoes to be contaminated with outside material)
- PPE equipment includes safety glasses and safety shoes.
- Dress code: Jeans casual dress no hanging jewelry or clothes etc. May wear business appropriate shorts/tank tops in the hot months.
- Cell phones not allowed during work hours.
- The environment is quiet and steady.
- GED education.
- At least 1-year manufacturing experience desired.
- Ability to follow verbal and written detail instructions. There are several trainings and steps needed to follow as this is a process oriented environment.
Soft skill requirements:
- Being able to work with minimal supervisor at times and small teams.
- Interview and Resume required. Hiring manager will provide a site tour to candidate.
- Looking for a long-term employee who can speak to the following in the interview: Why they want to work at this company temp to perm? What they know about company(suggest you look the company up before the interview). How they are dependable. Able to stay engaged and ask questions.