Hours: 7am-3:30pm The ideal candidate will contribute innovative ideas and be an asset to our team. This position will be responsible for:
1. Hand belt grinding various airfoil shapes to their finish contour and dimension.
2. Finishing operations including sizing and finishing platform radii and platform surfaces, radius chords, polishing operation and breaking sharp edges as required.
3. Inspection of airfoil contour, location, twist, t-max edges dimensions and platform dimensions as required.
4. Working on parts that have closer tolerances and more complex shape and qualifies new airfoil setups. Determines proper belting and polishing procedures for new part number.
5. Participating in creating a professional, safe and clean environment, and protects company assets. 6. Keeping supervisor informed regarding quality issues, safety concerns, etc. Knowledge, Skills and
Abilities: - 3+ yrs experience in Hand finishing / polishing. Strong understanding of GDandT Skilled in inspection of close tolerances and complex shaped parts. Experience working with airfoils or aerospace parts ideal (although they once had success with a jewelry polisher!!!) Skilled in exercising initiative and discretion to help achieve organization objectives