Westaff is hiring Four Slide Machine Operator for a spring manufacturer in Farmington. Machine Operator's are responsible for the set up and operation of a four slide machine.
Machine Operator Responsibilities:
- Ability to read-understand blue prints as needed for production manufacturing.
- ASQ Certified Calibration Technician preferred but not required
- Ability to Set-up, adjust & operate Fourslide machines (V81 & V82)
- Working knowledge and practical experience with the use of statistical process control in a production environment
- An understanding of manufacturing engineering, quality engineering, lean manufacturing and its components (i.e. Kaizen, Kanban, SMED, 5S, etc)
- Familiar with principles of concurrent engineering and design for manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with production standards, cost of quality and manufacturing methods
- Detail and task driven work ethic
Machine Operator Skills:
- High School, Trade School graduate or demonstrated equivalent skills
- Minimum of 5 years experience in set-up, trouble shooting, and production operation of Multi-Slide/Fourslide/Verti-Slide machines
- Ability to work OT as required in order to meet Company needs
- 5 years minimum experience in ClassA progressive die set up & operation
This is a second shift position and pay is based on experience.