Westaff is searching for a NDT Inspector/Level II FPI for a company located in Middletown
Temp to Hire
- Perform and document inspections/verifications on product, components, and processes based upon specified requirements. Use of inspection equipment related to Liquid Penetrant NDT processes, etc.
- Implement and maintain systems that are related to the AS & ISO Quality Management System
- Ensure procedures, instructions /techniques for NDT have been initiated, approved by a level 3 inspector and when required obtain customer approval
- Monitor and insure all NDT inspection/test equipment is calibrated, recorded, labeled, stored and controlled
- Maintain records per procedures, standards, customer requirements and appropriate verification documents based on inspection data/duties performed.
- Obtain quality data and present the results in an organized manner
- Perform annual system, and performance audits to ensure systems, inspectors, operators, equipment are in compliance
- Process non-conformances (NR)
- Evaluate returned product (RMA) from customer for confirmation and NR creation
- Interface with other individuals on issues related to quality. Aid operators in understanding and interpreting quality specifications and procedures.
- Aid the Quality Manager on issues related to product performance, system performance
- Train other individuals in specific areas of expertise
- Assist in presenting processes to customers / agency’s (NADCAP) for system review, certification
- Review material release certification to job requirements as applicable.
- Understanding and utilizing the following basic decision making process so quality and timely decisions will be made that are supported and understood:
- Understand your authority in the decision making process including involving those affected by the potential decision and those who have meaningful knowledge so they can contribute facts and opinions, if need be
- Identifying and understanding the criteria for a successful decision and utilizing the help chain (Chain of Command) to communicate pertinent information
- 1st shift 7:00am-3:30pm
Westaff offers health care benefits, as well as, free online classes for all those currently accruing hours on Westaff's payroll!!!
- A genuine belief in continuous improvement and disciplined processes and a willingness to analyze, challenge and change processes, if needed, to create a more efficient environment and culture.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and prioritize work day/projects independently
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience and /or Certification
- 5 years in an inspection or quality assurance role with ISO/AS experience
- Familiarity with NDT equipment requirements
- Able to understand and interpret Technical plans, specifications, and operations sheets, etc
- Computer literate (Windows, MS Office, E-mail, etc.)
- Self-starter who is comfortable with hands-on activities.