Location: Leominster, MA
Job Title: Molding Lead Person
Pay: $16.01 - 16.83/hr to start (based on experience)
Schedule: 1st shift | 7am - 3pm | Monday - Thursday OR Tuesday - Friday | 36 hours per week with extra hours as needed
Summary Description – Responsible for supervising and coordinating activities within the department in order to meet daily & weekly production schedules.
- Supplies machine operators with trays, trucks, all necessary tools.
- Troubleshoots molding machine process parameters, working with process engineer.
- Maintain material feeding system.
- Will inform Department Supervisor of problems within a designated time frame.
- Train new employees and provides ongoing training within the molding department following established training program.
- Partakes in job sharing responsibilities as needed within the department, relieve operators for scheduled work break times.
- Communicates with other shifts’ lead people, assistant lead, technician and quality people both before and after shift to transfer critical information.
- Updates and submits process documents to supervisor or manager as needed.
- Log any changes at molding machine in logbook provided at machine.
- Analyze daily needs of materials and products and inform Department Supervisor of such needs to perform the job function.
- Handles and stores company’s tools safely and in an organized way.
- Prepares daily records and or logs.
- Addresses the daily problems (machine, quality or personnel) within the department to the Department Supervisor.
- If the quality assurance inspector judges a part rejectable, attempt to make machine and/or process adjustments to correct problem. If problem cannot be corrected, may shut down machine and run back-up job. Q.A. maintains final authority to have machine shut down.
- In cases of intermittent quality issue on a machine, or when there is general indecision concerning the acceptability of some parts, they may be saved on separate trays and evaluated through an MRB review at a later time.
- Assigns work to operators and floor people daily.
- Assist Department Supervisor as needed.
- Ensures the department works in a safe and clean environment, including and not limited to good housekeeping procedures and practices.