PURPOSE OF POSITION: To properly prepare and Chromium plate all required customer product.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Maintains plating areas including tanks, solutions and process related equipment and tools.
- Operates plating equipment as necessary to plate customer product.
- Plates work as directed by Plating Supervisor and Plating schedules.
- Assists coworkers with plating related work and that of general plant requirements.
- Inspects work prior to and post plating for good quality workmanship.
- Complies with all related environmental and safety regulations.
- Assists in training of new personnel.
- Keeps informed of new process improvements and/or changes.
- Participates in Safety and Quality meetings.
- Looks for more efficient ways to operate plating operations and proposes improvements to supervisor.
- Standardizes measuring equipment and takes care for use of equipment.