Put Traditional, Manual Machine Skills to Work at this South Indy Manufacturing Job on 2nd Shift
Pay: $15 - $17/hour, based on experience
Hours: 3:30 p.m. - 2:00 a.m., Monday - Friday
- 10 hours Overtime
- No Mandatory weekends
- Earn $100 bonus for optional Saturday work w/perfect attendance
- Free college courses to modernize your skills
- Affordable health insurance
Production Machine Operator Overview:
Production Machine Operator employees are responsible for operating equipment such as Bridgeport type Mills, Drill Presses, Grinders, Lathes, various Saws, Thread Rolls or Horizontal/Vertical Mills. Employees will progress from Base Rate Operator to being able to set-up several of these machines with minimal technical supervision.
Production Machine Operator Job Duties:
- Operates machine to run production and must consistently meet quality and production requirements to progress. Must strive for continuous improvement in times and methods.
- Performs quality inspections as required. Makes necessary adjustments during production runs to stay in tolerances. May use templates, fixtures, surface plate, CMM, calipers, snap gauges, or other inspection tools to control overall length, roundness, hole size and location, or other necessary dimensions per blueprint. Watches for presence of burrs and oversize/undersize conditions.
- Complete records of production including scrap or rework reasons.
- Move parts to the subsequent operation with pallet jack.
- Participate in the corrective action process to prevent defects from recurring.
Manual Machine Operator Job Requirements:
- Must have a demonstrated mechanical aptitude, proficiency in shop math (fractions, decimals, metric and some trigonometry),
- ability to read and follow specific routing instructions,
- ability to read and understand setup instructions,
- ability to read blueprints,
- proficiency in the use of appropriate measuring instruments, and
- ability to check quality of parts against templates or blueprints.
- Must have demonstrated ability to handle production requirements and demonstrated problem solving ability from previous work.
- Must have the ability to stand for 8 hour shift or longer.
- Able to bend, twist, stoop to remove parts from baskets and lift to work area.
- Able to load parts into work area and completed baskets without damaging the part.
- Good hand and eye coordination.