Westaff has a great new opportunity for a wonderful local company. We are looking for a parts sorter!
The Sorter will oversee the day to day sorting responsibilities, which consists of identifying product that does not conform to standards, and segregating that product before it is shipped to the customer.
- will move product that has been dispositioned as “TO STOCK” to the finished goods warehouse or to weigh count as appropriate.
- Will move product that has been dispositioned “SCRAP” to grinding area.
- Will sort materials per QAR standards, customer or GW supplied samples, hold tag instructions, special instructions from Quality Assurance, or special instructions from Quality Engineering.
- Will assure that the containers used to hold the nonconforming-sorted product is clearly identified as “SCRAP”.
- Will repackage and re-label product if boxes are damaged.
- Will label or re-label boxes if appropriate per Hold Tag instructions.
- Will track good versus bad product during stocking, sorting, rework or scrapping process and report quantities good and quantities scrap on the Hold Tag.
- Will move all sorted products to the designated area for Quality Audit.
- After product is released by Quality Audit, will assure that QUALITY AUDIT COMPLETED BY, GW NUMBER, DATE REWORK/SORT COMPLETED, QUANTITY GOOD and QUANITY SCRAP block of the hold tag are filled in.
- After the audit, will move the accepted production to weigh count or finished goods inventory and will move the nonconforming product directly to the grinding area. The completed Hold Tag is then to be given to the Quality Technician.
- Will maintain a daily log of completed work.
- Trace missing Pink Tickets and Lost Production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.