Plant seeking mechanical engineer! Pay will depend on experience!
We are seeking an Engineering professional to design repairs of tank cars and freight cars, analyze fleet data, and write appropriate specifications and procedures. This position will require sound engineering fundamentals and judgement while working with Safety, AAR and DOT regulations, Company Fleet Engineering Standards, and customer requirements.
Job Technical Requirements
- Skilled in solid edge & associated CAD programs
- Bachelor degree in Engineering required, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Basic understanding of mechanical devices & manufacturing
- Understanding reliability programs – Weiibul and stress modeling programs – Ansys highly preferred.
- Able to work with minimum supervision, gather background information and interface with vendors, customers & suppliers in support of projects
- Experience with data bases and spreadsheets
- Must be able to pass company physical and drug screening
- Desire to seek increasing responsibility
- Displays a sense of urgency with respect to operational needs
- Willingness to wear PPE
- BS in engineering required, mechanical engineering preferred.
- 3 years of varied and progressively more responsible experience in mechanical design or fabrication
- Must be willing to travel up to 20% based on project needs.
- The ideal candidate will possess an enthusiastic personality, decision-making abilities and a vision for growth.
Job Type: Full-time
- CAD: 1 year
- Project Engineer: 3 years
- rail: 1 year
Required work authorization: