Human Resources (HR) Assistant opening in Durham, CT
MUST be Bilingual (Spanish and English speaking)
Full time position with excellent company in Durham, CT.
Prefer someone with HR Experience and strong Administrative skills. Will consider strong and Bilingual (Spanish and English speaking) Administrative Assistant with skills that are transferable in an Human Resources Capacity).
HR Assistant responsibilities are listed below, and may vary based on company needs.
JOB SUMMARY of HR Assistant
Responsible for the company recruitment process from screening to placing workers. Supports all other areas of Human Resources, including training management, benefits administration, records management, timekeeping, event planning and other areas as required.
- Recruits for positions utilizing job boards and attending career fairs.
- Screens applications conducts interviews, recommends candidates and consults with hiring managers.
- Review reference checks and interprets information.
- Completes employee onboarding and orientation for all new hires.
- Build relationship with local colleges and technical high schools to develop apprenticeship program/work study program.
- Administrative tasks-filing, record keeping, outside agency correspondence, various reporting, etc
- Maintains employee Attendance Point system. Reviews employee attendance on a weekly basis and takes disciplinary action based the point system guidelines.
- Reviews and updates all job descriptions
- Maintains training tracker system
- Reviews employee training requirements and works with production to schedule training
- Event planning(company luncheons, children’s Christmas party, service awards)
- Assist with performance review administration and follow-up for timely processing
- Assists with the administration of the group insurance programs; medical, dental, short term and long term disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment.
- Reporting and recording all work all work-related injuries, as well as maintain the OSHA 301 log and file
- Compliance with OSHA and other outside agency requirement
- Work with worker’s compensation carrier to ensure prompt return to work status
- Provides functional guidance to management and supervisors on a variety of policy and employee issues. Follows up on agreed upon solutions.
- Provide back-up to other Human Resources functions as needed, and perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS of HR Assistant/Recruiter:
Bilingual speaking (Spanish and English)
Associates Degree preferred
3 years of human resources experience, as well as Administrative experience, preferred
Recruiting experience preferred
Excellent computer and typing skills including a working knowledge of MSExcel, MSWord, HRIS and payroll systems.
Project a pleasant and professional demeanor when conversing with employees, especially in stressful situations
Work efficiently in a fast paced, team environment
Work effectively with a group of people with diverse abilities and backgrounds
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds