2nd shift machine operator who can train on First shift 6+weeks
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and maintains molding line machines safely and efficiently.
- Monitors simultaneous machine functions, making minor adjustments as necessary.
- Breaks up to 5,000 lbs. of chocolate per shift to run equipment efficiently.
- Tempers the chocolate.
- Accurately completes documentation including identifying type & weight of chocolate.
- Performs filter checks.
- Clears jams and performs light trouble-shooting.
- Performs changeover of equipment as needed.
- Provides recommendations for reducing scrap, shortening changeover time and increasing efficiency.
- Communicates with packing and maintenance personnel regarding problems with machinery and/or product.
- Knowledge of setting up and operating one molding machine.
- Cleans per appropriate practices and procedures and sets up materials for next shift.
- Fully complies with safety and food safety & quality policies.
- Follows all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Adheres to all GMP standards and keeps work area clear of debris.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, and/or Skills Required:
- Molding Operator experience preferred.
- Knowledge of how to temper chocolate.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as production orders.
- Knowledge of specific weights of chocolate and type of chocolate to use to satisfy the customer per the instructions of the Shift Supervisor.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and visually inspect parts produced.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
- Physical ability to do work requiring lifting, frequent stooping and bending.
- Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 30 pounds frequently and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.